Club rules members need to abide by
The use of Keepnets in Club Waters
***The club committee have decide to allow the use of Keepnets on all it’s waters ,subject to members obeying the following rules. We will review the rule change regularly***
A mimimum of two keepnets to be used at all times, Carp and silver fish must be kept in separate designated nets.
All keepnets must be a minimum length of 3m for carp, 2.5m for silver fish.
Keepnets used should be fish friendly ideally displaying the Water
All nets must be completely dry before use (to minimise the risk of transferring infectious disease/parasites to the water).
No carp over 5lb to be retained in keepnets.
No fish to be retained for longer than 5 hours.
Maximum weight of fish in a keepnet should be no more than 50lb.
At least 2/3rds of the keepnet should be fully submerged when in use, fully pegged out, and if possible in shade.
No weights to be placed in the keep nets.
Return fish back in carefully with the keepnet partially submerged in the water to help prevent fish damage and minimise scale loss.
During the summer months when the water is warm with low oxygen levels members may be told not to use keepnets. The committee reserves the right of discretion for a temporary ban on keepnets during adverse weather conditions.
Any member can request to inspect the contents of keepnets at any time.
Any member found not complying with the clubs keepnet rules, will be brought in front of committee, with possible expulsion from the club.
CARP FISHING RULES
1. All club members and guests must have a current Environment Agency Rod licence and club card or guest ticket with them at all times, when night fishing night permits must be shown upon request. Anyone failing the above will be asked to leave immediately.
2. Barbless hooks only, no fix leads, carp safe lead clips only.
3 .All members to have their own landing nets (minimum of 36″) and Unhooking mats all to be of decent standard. Anyone failing to have these will be asked to leave immediately.
4. Rods with line in the water must never be left unattended. To protect birds and wildlife all bait should be removed from the hook when not in the water.
5. All fish must be returned to the water as soon as possible after unhooking to cause minimum amount of stress and harm, no sacking of fish at anytime.
6. Thieves will be prosecuted
7. Please take your litter home leave pegs clean and tidy. no camp fires
8. Maximum of two rods per angler.
9. No member to pass information to any other body without committee approval.
10. All members to conduct themselves in a sportsman’s like manor at all times. Please be courteous to all members.
11. Any member failing to observe these rules will be bought before the club committee and may be expelled.
12. Excessive Drinking not allowed
13. Any member bringing a junior member (under 16 years) or guest who is under 16 years old must fish the next or same peg.
14. No junior members will be allowed to night fish.
15. Always book on the water when night fishing
16. Bailiffs decision is final.